Frame Drums Beginner
Get started on Frame Drums
"The best instructional video I have ever seen"
- Haruhi Taniguchi, Japan Frame Drum Association
“…fantastically put together and a must for anyone starting out on the frame drum. The slow motion clips are perfect for people to analyze the techniques and get the correct technique happening.”
- Pete Lockett, Percussionist Extraordinaire
- more than 2 hours of tutorials
- detailed demonstration from the very basics to advanced techniques (fingersnapping, rolls, stroke-combinations)
- slowmotion close-up shots from each technique and rhythm
- a collection of oriental dance rhythms
- various short performances
- english, german and spanish language
- on-screen notation
At a young age, David studied percussion with teachers such as Glen Velez, Behnam Samani, Ramesh Shotham and Ustad Fayaz Khan. He has worked with renowned artist around the world, is a band member of Dead can Dance and has been producing instructional videos for various percussion instruments for more than 15 years.
As advisor, teacher and performer, David is Part of the North American Frame Drum Association and Tamburi Mundi e.V., two organisations that organize percussion festivals all over the world.
His playing and teaching experience includes a large variety of percussion traditions and in his teachings he combines this knowledge with his own concepts to create fun, easy to follow and in-depth courses.